What Google Says:
Google Sheets is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and simultaneously work with other people. Here’s what you can do with Google Sheets:
- Import and convert Excel, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data to a Google spreadsheet
- Export Excel, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data, as well as PDF and HTML files
- Use formula editing to perform calculations on your data, and use formatting make it look the way you’d like
- Chat in real time with others who are editing your spreadsheet
- Create charts with your data
- Embed a spreadsheet — or individual sheets of your spreadsheet — on your blog or website
Source: Google Sheets
Why You Should Use It:
Google’s answer to Excel. Google Sheets doesn’t have all the fancy stuff but it’s certainly a capable tool when it comes to working with spreadsheets.
Collaborate with other users in real time and have your changes saved automatically. Even review and retrieve older revisions if you mess something up.
Easy as opening up your Google Drive and adding the app and creating a new sheet. Awesome and easy!